Wednesday, November 25, 2009

november

This has been an incredibly long month of gloomy dawns, catching two or three hours of sleep whenever I can, trying to find a job that wouldn't require wearing a visor or khaki pants, trying to figure out what's wrong with my car, being a reliable expert in the happiness of others, Nikola Tesla, obsessing over my surroundings, countless cups of tea and occasional painting. And now this week the real craziness begins. Things to avoid this holiday season: the holiday season.




The series of mistakes I've been working on inbetween other projects and holding my own personal universe together. I finally had a chance to finish her up tonight. Her name is Agnes after a mystery woman whose mail sometimes ends up in our box. She gets a lot of Christian newsletters, this Agnes. This is the biggest painting I've done so far at 16x20. I think I could be pretty content just painting big horrible things but I have a lot of cute girls to get out of my system yet. I'm going to attempt to do that before the year is over, then I'm going somewhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment