Friday, January 1, 2010

notes from the past*

"So that dream was like this: I had two boxes of assorted doughnuts. I was a part of some sort of organization or project that did scientific exploration. A shadow had been spotted in the ocean that we believed to be a giant shark, only I couldn't shake the feeling that it was something supernatural. No one wanted to go on the mission to check it out because it was extremely dangerous and it was likely there would be no return. I thought, 'I've always wanted to die like someone in a bad Scfi Channel movie,' so I volunteered to go. I decided since I probably wouldn't be coming back that I sould go ahead and eat all of my doughnuts really quick before we left. So I did."
--January 27,2009

"When I'm standing at my bathroom sink I can clearly hear my neighbor talking. The other day when I went to check the mail I noticed a box full of empty Pabst Blue Ribbon cans by his door. I had to wonder if my neighbor is Frank Booth. That's a frightening thought, yeah? But Frank Booth is dead. And fictional. All of my neighbors are rather noisy. It makes me feel better about taking oddly timed showers and playing music early in the morning."
--February 5, 2009

"Last night I dreamed I was drinking white grape juice with the guy who played Sol Star on Deadwood. I told him I was going to drop out of college and go to bartending school, because in this economy people like to get drunk. He said it was a good idea."
--March 26, 2009

*excerpts from my handwritten journal

No comments:

Post a Comment