Sunday, August 22, 2010

new art + summer's last hurrahs.

creepyfied portrait commission
This is a commission I did for a nice fellow who wanted a creepy/zombie-ish portrait of himself and his friend. It's one of the most fun things I've ever been asked to draw. He specifically asked for the zombie owl, too, so how could I not love it?

Annnnd fall is on its way. We all know what that means, yeah? Halloween! I stopped by the dollar store the other day and was thrilled to be greeted by a display of plastic bloody body parts and little skeletons. Puts me in the best of moods, for my favorite time of the year is here. I never seem to have enough time to do as much holiday themed art as I'd like to. But this year, damn it, I'm going to make the time. It has begun with pumpkin people.
little pumpkin people
Burnadette and Macintyre

eunice
Eunice

I'm going to try to draw as many of these guys as I can by the time October 31st rolls around. It's nice to have goals.

In other news, this is the last week before my grand return to college, full of enthusiasm in place of dread. I'm looking forward to getting on with things, but my eternal internal kid still groans at the phrase "back to school." I'm going to get the most out of these final days before most of my time is sucked away by higher education. Linguistics, physics, literary nonfiction, topics in film and Spanish: my life from September to December. But I'm ready!

Now, I have a cup of coffee to make peace with and fingers to abuse. Another in a series of nearly perfect nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment